Fresh Newsletter, January 2019
¾ cup Florida Orange Juice
1 ½ lb. boneless pork chops, ¾ in. thick
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Season pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Let seasoned pork chops sit for 20 minutes or until room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Florida Orange Juice, brown sugar, and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown pork chops for about four minutes per side.
- Once the internal temperature in the thickest part of the meat reaches 140°F, remove from the pan and place on a plate. Cover loosely with foil. The meat will continue to cook while resting and get to the necessary 145°F for consumption.
- Pour out any excess oil from the pan, but do not wipe it clean.
- Place pan back on medium-high heat and deglaze the pan with the Florida Orange Juice mixture, scraping up any browned bits. Let boil, while stirring constantly, about two minutes or until thickened.
- Pour a little bit of glaze over each pork chop and serve immediately.