ASIAN VEGETABLE NOODLE SOUP
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup julienned (matchstick cut) carrots
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 ounces Veggie Stock
- 2 ounces wide Lo Mein noodles, broken in half
- 1/3 cup trimmed and thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 small head baby bok choy, roughly chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2-3 green onions, white parts only, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet on high about 2 minutes. Add the vegetable oil and swirl it to coat pan (the oil should smoke slightly). Add the carrots and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and vegetable stock and bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the noodles and return the soup to a boil. About 3 minutes after adding the noodles, stir in the mushrooms and baby bok choy. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the noodles are cooked. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the green onions and cilantro.