BRAISED CHICKEN BREAST IN SUNDRIED TOMATO SAUCE
Courtesy of www.filippoberio.com
WEEKLY SPECIALS 8/3/2015
- 4 chicken breasts (with skin and bone)
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper on both sides. In a heavy cast-iron pan, heat the olive oil on medium. Add the chicken. Brown it well on both sides.
- Add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute. Remove the chicken from the pan, but keep the pieces warm.
- Add the white wine & tomatoes to the pan. Mix well. Add heavy cream. Bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add the chicken back to the sauce. Cover the pan. Cook on low heat. Simmer until the chicken is cooked.
- Add half the basil & all the oregano to the pan. Mix well. Quickly bring the sauce to a boil to thicken.
- Remove the chicken. Place the pieces on plates. Remove the sauce from the heat, add the remaining basil to the pan and then toss. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the chicken.