A British crumble treat with a crisp ginger twist. No rolling pin required!
12 ounces all-purpose flour
7 ounces unsalted butter, cold and sliced
4 ounces gingersnap cookies
3 ounces sugar
3 Tbsp. whole milk
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
Blake Hill’s Tart Cherry, Strawberry Rhubarb, or Wild Blueberry Pie Fillings
- Preheat oven to 350 F, place baking tray in oven; crush cookies into a fine powder
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder & salt into large bowl, mix in cookie pieces, then cut in cold butter and work with fingertips until create small crumbs. Put half crumb mix in covered bowl in fridge
- With remaining mix, stir in just enough milk to gently bind (but not get sticky), then form into a ball and cut into large slices
- Gently press dough slices into sides & base of 9-inch round pie dish & fill with Blake Hill’s Fruit Pie Filling
- Remove crumb mix from fridge & sprinkle over pie filling
- Place pie on the baking tray in oven; bake 45 minutes until pie filling bubbles and crust & crumbles are golden brown
- Remove from oven, cool, then serve with fresh whipped cream or English clotted cream and enjoy!