WEEKLY SPECIALS 12/15/2014
Courtesy Of www.VermontCreamery.com
1 cup light brown sugar
1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
2 cups AP flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 and 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
8 ounces mascarpone
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
8 ounces heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in bowl and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Add egg and vanilla.
5. Alternate adding dries with buttermilk starting and ending with dries. Don’t over mix the batter.
6. Scoop batter onto parchment lined sheet pan using a 1 ounce cookie scoop.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
8. Whip heavy cream with powdered sugar till stiff.
9. In separate bowl stir vanilla bean paste into mascarpone.
10. Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture to combine.
11. Fill cooled cakes with filling – a piping bag with tip #824 works great.