By Muir Glen
Prep Time: 25 Min
Total Time: 55 Min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 serrano chile, stemmed, seeded, finely chopped, if desired
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- In 3-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook & stir about 4 minutes or until softened. Add serrano chile & garlic; cook & stir 2 minutes. Add rice; cook & stir about 5 minutes or until it begins to turn golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, water and salt; stir to combine. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 minutes. Sprinkle peas over rice. Cook about 3 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Fluff with fork; serve hot.