1 container of gluten-free breadcrumbs (8-12 oz)
1lb lump crabmeat OR 2 cans (6 oz each) crabmeat, drained, flaked
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2-3 TBSP of Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 dash of salt, or to taste
1 small, finely diced bell pepper
1 small, finely diced sweet yellow onion
2-3 minced large cloves of garlic
2 TBSP Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil
1 tablespoon of Primal Kitchen Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning
1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo for dipping
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Sauté for about 4 minutes. Do not brown. Remove from heat.
- Combine crabmeat, sautéed veggies, breadcrumbs with egg, mayo, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper, and Old Bay seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Thoroughly mix and combine ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape crab cakes and form patties. Place each patty on the sheet. Repeat this process until the entire mixture has been used up.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and add 3 to 4 crab cakes. Avoid overcrowding the pan. Brown for about 2 to 3 minutes and flip to brown the other side. Repeat this process until all crab cakes have been cooked.
- Serve with lemon wedges and a side of Chipotle Lime Mayo for dipping.