CREAMY POTATO LEEK SOUP
Courtesy of www.KETTLEANDFIRE.COM
2 large leeks white and green parts separated and chopped into ¼ inch pieces
2 tablespoons avocado oil (divided) or olive oil, plus more for green leek topper
4 medium celery roots or 2 large ones, peeled and cubed
10 fingerling potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
½ large cauliflower or 1 small one, large cored and chunked into 2-inch pieces
6 cups Kettle & Fire Beef Bone Broth
2 cups water
2 bay leaves
3 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
OPTIONAL: 6 strips of uncured bacon broiled and crumbled
OPTIONAL: freshly ground black pepper
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Add white part of leeks and cook until they become translucent. Add celery root, potatoes, cauliflower, broth, water, and bay leaves to the pot. Cover, increase to high heat and bring to a boil. Then lower to medium heat. Cook until potatoes are soft, about 40 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, heat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the green part of the leeks, 1 tablespoon avocado oil, and a generous pinch of salt. Layout flat on a large sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes, or until just browned. Set aside.
- Remove the bay leaves from the soup and discard.
- Turn heat to low and transfer all of the cauliflower and half of the other ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Then stir blended contents into the rest of the ingredients. Stir in apple cider vinegar.
- Ladle into bowls and top with green leek tops, crumbled bacon and black pepper (if using). Serve piping hot.