Courtesy of usa.fage.eu
4 large or 6 small red beets
2 tbsp butter
½ tsp salt Small shallot, minced
3 cups vegetable broth
2 tsp fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
¼ cup FAGE Total Classic, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%, plus a dollop for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each beet in tinfoil and roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Set aside and allow to cool. Once cooled at room temperature, peel and cut into large chunks.
- In a medium to large sauce pot over medium heat, sauté the shallots, butter and salt until translucent. Cook for approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, thyme, bay leaf, pepper and beets to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until beets are tender enough to purée. Remove pot from stove to cool.
- Purée soup in batches in a blender or use an immersion blender. Return puréed soup to pot, do not place on heat.
- Stir in FAGE Total. To serve, garnish with a dollop of FAGE Total.