1 pound small, thin skinned cucumbers (Persian or Kirby are best)
2 teaspoons sea salt
2 tablespoons Mr Bing Chili Crisp, stirred well
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced finely
1.5 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
¼ cup red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Cut a very small amount of cucumber ends off, then slice into ¼ inch rounds.
- Toss with the salt and place in a colander over a bowl and set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Combine chili crisp, rice vinegar, ginger, sugar, and sesame oil in another bowl.
- After 15 minutes, rinse the cucumbers very well under cold running water and drain off any excess water.
- Add cucumbers to the chili crisp mixture along with the red onion and cucumber and gently stir to combine.
- Can be eaten right away or kept chilled until ready to serve.