1 package of smoked apple bacon, unopened.
medium size red onion.
fresh bunch of asparagus.
1 package of al dente egg pappardelle pasta.
Chive and Italian parsley
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Cook bacon in a frying pan.
- While stirring the bacon, cut one inch slanted pieces of asparagus, quarter & dice the red onion,
and dice the shallot.
- In a large fry pan, pour in a few TBS of olive oil with the shallots & cook on high briefly. Stir in the onions & asparagus.
- Cut a few bacon slices into large pieces and add to pan, along with salt & pepper. Stir and cover with the heat on low (ish).
- Drain the pasta and put in a bowl. Stir in a teeny bit of truffle oil to separate the big pasta noodles.
- Add the cooked “sauce” from the fry pan. Snip in big snips of the chive and parsley and cut in a few more slices of bacon.
- Add a handful of pine nuts & fresh parmesan.
- Mix it all together!