3 tbsp Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup onion, small dice
1/3 cup carrot, small dice
1/3 cup celery, small dice
1/2 tbsp garlic, sliced
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 cup ground veal
1/4 cup pancetta, small dice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup Colavita Crushed Tomatoes
1 bay leaf
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/8 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1/2 tbsp sage, chopped
1 lb Colavita Fettuccine Nests
- Pre-heat a sauce pot over medium high heat.
- Add the oil, beef, veal and pancetta. Sauté until the meat begins to brown lightly. Stir carefully to break up the ground meat while cooking.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery. Sauté until they begin to soften, approximately 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until very aromatic.
- Add the wine and reduce the mixture by ¾.
- Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, salt, pepper, nutmeg and bring to a simmer. Simmer gently for 2 – 2 ½ hours or until the meat is tender and the sauce is very flavorful. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a small amount of water to adjust the consistency.
- Add the sage in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once it’s boiling, sprinkle in 2 tsp. of sea salt. Add the pasta and cook for the amount of time indicated on the package instructions. Drain and add to the sauce pan. Stir to incorporate and serve.