WEEKLY SPECIALS 9/27/2015
Courtesy of www.almondbreeze.com
12 oz fettuccini
2 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb mixed mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Original
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccini according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook shallots and garlic for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, rosemary, salt and pepper; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Transfer half of the mushrooms to blender along with Almond Breeze, lemon juice and lemon zest; purée until smooth.
- Stir mushroom purée into skillet with sliced mushrooms until combined; cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Add pasta and pasta water to skillet; cook for 2 minutes or until pasta is evenly coated and liquid has evaporated slightly. Divide evenly among 4 plates; garnish with parsley