A spicy tonic that boosts your immune system!
½ cup freshly peeled and grated ginger root
½ cup freshly grated horseradish root
1 medium onion, chopped
10 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
1 lemon, zest and juice
2 tablespoons rosemary leaves
1 tablespoon turmeric powder (or 2 tablespoons freshly grated turmeric root)
¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
32 ounces Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
¼ cup raw honey, or to taste
- Add ginger, horseradish, onion, garlic, jalapeño peppers, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, turmeric, and cayenne powder to a quart-sized glass jar.
- Pour apple cider vinegar in the jar until all of the ingredients are fully covered and the vinegar reaches the top of the jar. Make sure all the ingredients are covered to prevent spoilage.
- Use a piece of natural parchment paper under the lid to keep the vinegar from touching the metal, or use a plastic lid if you have one.
- Shake jar to combine all the ingredients and store in a dark, cool place for 4-6 weeks. Shake the jar a few seconds every day. After one month, use a mesh strainer or cheesecloth to strain out the solids, pouring the vinegar into a clean jar. Squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible. Discard solids.
- Add honey to the liquid and stir until incorporated. Taste and add more honey if desired.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator or in a cold, dark place. Drink 1-2 tablespoons when needed.