Fudgy Dark Chocolate Avocado Cookies
Submitted by Lori F. (www.apple-of-my-eye.com)
Great Cape Cookie Bake-Off @ Ring Bros. Marketplace
1 ripe avocado, finely mashed
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
⅓ cup flour
½ tsp baking soda
2 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the finely mashed avocado, white sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, and baking soda.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently stir in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, add one heaping tablespoon of dough on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the top has set. Don’t over-bake!