Winning recipe: Ring Bros. Marketplace’s Chili Cook-Off
2lbs ground sirloin
1 sweet onion
1 clove of garlic
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans red kidney beans (drain one can)
2 heaped tablespoons chili powder
1 heaped teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1 16oz can of lager beer
- Fry bacon in a deep skillet.
- Remove bacon (keeping grease in skillet) and set aside.
- Brown ground sirloin and break up into small pieces. Drain ground sirloin and set aside.
- Chop (as desired) green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, and mince a clove of garlic.
- In a large crock pot, add all ingredients and pour approximately 8-10oz of beer over the top.
- Mix all the ingredients and simmer on low for at least 4 hours or until ingredients cook down (the longer the better)