½ cup Florida Orange juice
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup diced yellow onion
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 ½ cups diced carrots
1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
3 cloves garlic, finely grated
½ tsp. ground cardamom
1 quart vegetable broth
1 14-oz. can lite coconut milk
1 14-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Chopped cilantro, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat until it shimmers.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, carrots and salt and cook until the onions are translucent, five to seven minutes.
- Add the garlic and cardamom and cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until the garlic is fragrant. Do not brown.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk and chickpeas and bring to a simmer.
- Decrease the heat to low and continue to cook until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the Florida Orange Juice, remove from heat, and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve garnished with cilantro as desired.