½ cup Florida Orange juice
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup diced yellow onion
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 ½ cups diced carrots
1 ½ tsp. kosher salt
3 cloves garlic, finely grated
½ tsp. ground cardamom
1 quart vegetable broth
1 14-oz. can lite coconut milk
1 14-oz. can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
Chopped cilantro, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, carrots, and salt and cook until the onions are
translucent, five to seven minutes.
- Add the garlic and cardamom and cook one to two minutes more or until the garlic is fragrant. Do not brown.
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, and chickpeas and bring to a simmer.
- Decrease the heat to low and continue to cook until the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the Florida Orange Juice and remove from the heat, stir Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve garnished with cilantro as desired.