WEEKLY SPECIALS 1/11/2015
Courtesy of www.cabotcheese.coop
1 (8-ounce) package Neufchâtel Reduced Fat Cream Cheese, at room temperature
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
5 ounces Cabot Alpine Cheddar*, grated and divided (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 slice white bread, crusts removed, processed into fine crumbs (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup chopped grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Coat small (about 2 1/2 cup) oven-proof baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat Neufchatel with electric mixer until light and airy, about two minutes. Beat in 4 teaspoons of basil, pepper and salt. Add 1 cup of cheddar and breadcrumbs; beat until blended.
- Spread mixture in prepared dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until heated through but not bubbling.
- Let cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes. Serve warm, topped with tomatoes, red onions and remaining 2 teaspoons basil.