2 lb. ground pork
1 white onion finely chopped
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
2 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
1 cup green cabbage shredded
1/4 tsp. black pepper
Olive oil for cooking
For the sauce:
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1 cup Kettle & Fire Chicken Bone Broth
2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
2 Tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, prepare your meatball mixture. Combine ground pork, onion, coconut aminos, and sesame oil and mix. Let sit for five minutes.
- While your meatball mixture rests, prepare your sauce. Whisk together coconut milk, chicken bone broth, coconut aminos, and fresh ginger in a pot over medium heat. Allow to cook for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Return to your meatball mixture. Add the cabbage, and mix again.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Form your meatballs into small balls, roughly 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter. Place into the cast skillet. Sear for roughly 2 minutes, flip, then sear for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the burner, and pour the sauce mixture directly into the cast iron pan with the meatballs. Transfer the entire pan to the oven.
- Cook the meatballs for an additional 15 minutes, until cooked thoroughly.