1.5 lbs Terrific Trio Little Potatoes
5 ears Fresh corn
1/2 lb Bacon, cooked and cut into lardons
1 Red onion, quartered
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup Basil, sliced thinly
2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
3 Tbsp Olive oil
Butter (optional), to taste
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Char the corn and red onions on the grill for about 15 minutes, turning to get an even browning. Let cool.
- Start a medium-sized pot of water to boil.
- Add the Little potatoes to the boiling water and cook for 15 minutes or until fork-tender.
- While the potatoes cook take a small bowl and invert it inside a large bowl. Stand your cooled ear of corn up on the upside-down bowl. Holding the ear at the top with your one hand slice downward with a sharp knife and let kernels fall into the large bowl.
- Chop red onion and season with salt and pepper, add to corn.
- Add bacon lardons. Season with salt & pepper.
- If you would like the salad warm to serve add a small dab of butter to a large non-stick frypan. Add corn, bacon, and onion mixture. Heat gently. Add potatoes when they are cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and add in the red wine vinegar, olive oil, and basil. Toss gently and serve.