Courtesy of CYPRESS GROVE CHEESE’S
A favorite for families, this penne pasta dish features both aged and soft goat cheeses, as well as the delicious flavors of pancetta, spinach and tomatoes. Look for Cypress Grove Cheeses in Dark Horse Beef & Deli’s cheese case.
1 lb. dried penne, or other pasta
1 Tbsp butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz pancetta, roughly chopped
8 oz fresh baby spinach
10 oz grape or cherry tomatoes, each sliced in half
6 oz Cypress Grove natural chevre
8 oz Cypress Grove Midnight Moon® , grated
1/4 cup heavy cream
salt & fresh ground pepper
1 tsp fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cook penne al dente, according to instructions on the package.
- While the penne is cooking, heat butter in a large frying pan or Dutch oven. Sauté garlic and pancetta for a couple of minutes until pancetta is cooked and slightly crispy.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Add tomatoes and gently stir until warmed.
- Stir the cooked penne into the pancetta-spinach mixture.
- Add the cream, thyme, and most of the cheese, reserving two ounces of Midnight Moon® .
- Stir until the cheese is melted and the pasta is well coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the entire mixture to a 9 x 9 baking pan, or another equivalent casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining two ounces of Midnight Moon® on the top and bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot.