Courtesy of Nick, Chatham Fish & Lobster
1lb monkfish fillets
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP butter
1/4 TBSP Dijon mustard
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup (packed) watercress, trimmed & chopped
Salt & pepper
- Remove membrane from monkfish fillet & cut crosswise into medallions. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Melt butter in oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add monkfish to skillet; cook just until opaque in center, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plate & keep warm.
- Retain liquid in skillet & add shallots; stir 30 seconds.
- Add wine & bring to a boil; continuing to boil for one minute.
- Add cream & mustard; boil until sauce thickens slightly & coats spoon, about 4 minutes.
- Add watercress & stir.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Transfer fish to plates and spoon sauce around the fish. Enjoy!