Yield 2 Dozen
4 Ounces Unsweetened Chocolate
12 Ounces Bittersweet Chocolate (60-70%)
2 Ounces Unsalted Butter
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
6 Ounces Chocolate Chips
- Place the Chocolate Chips in the freezer.
- In a bowl over a simmering water bath, melt together the unsweetened chocolate, the bittersweet chocolate and the butter. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla and whip until light and fluffy (to ribbon).
- Stir the melted chocolate into the whipped egg mixture. Fold in the flour. Add the chocolate chips.
- Scoop with a 2 ounce ice cream scoop and bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes, until shiny & slightly cracked on top.
- These can be scooped and frozen for baking off later. They are great to have in the freezer. I tend to flatten the tops a little bit before I freeze them so that the cookie is not a tall mound. Not that that is so bad if you would prefer to skip the flattening step. From the freezer, the cookies will take a little longer to cook, about 12-14 minutes.