Organic Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
By: Artisan Kettle
Yield: 18 muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
FOR THE CRUMBLE TOPPING:
½ cup organic old-fashioned oatmeal
¼ cup organic pepitas
¼ cup organic brown sugar
¼ cup organic all-purpose flour
¼ cup organic unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
FOR THE MUFFINS:
1 cup Artisan Kettle® Organic Semisweet Chocolate Chips
2 cups organic all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons organic baking powder
2 teaspoons organic cinnamon
1 teaspoon organic ginger
½ teaspoon organic cloves
½ teaspoon organic nutmeg
1 cup organic sugar
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
½ cup organic unsalted butter, softened
2 organic eggs
½ cup organic whole milk
For the Crumble Topping:
- Mix together oatmeal, pepitas, brown sugar, and flour in a large bowl. Add the butter and press or “cut” into the mixture using your fingers or a pastry cutter until large clumps have formed. Transfer to refrigerator while preparing the batter.
For the Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a muffin pan with muffin papers.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and butter with an electric mixer until combined and smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg until well mixed. With the mixer on low, add pumpkin puree and milk. Continue mixing until combined.
- Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Continue mixing by hand until flour is fully incorporated & batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup ¾ full. Sprinkle prepared crumble mixture on top of each muffin. Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins spring back to the touch. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool