Peach Brie Pastry Tarts with Peppered Rosemary Honey
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2-3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
kosher salt and black pepper
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 (8 ounce) wheel Brie each,
cut into 8-10 slices (leave the rind on)
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
3 peaches, sliced
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the shallots, cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the apple cider vinegar, cook another 1-2 minutes until the shallots are caramelized. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 squares. Spread each squares with a small spoonful of shallots, leaving a 1/4 inch border. Top with brie and sprinkle with basil. Arrange the peach slices over the cheese and basil, pressing them into the cheese to adhere slightly (see above photo).
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the edges of the pastry inward to enclose. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and bake 15-20 minutes, until the pastry is golden and the cheese melted. Mix the honey, rosemary, and a large pinch of pepper together. Serve the tarts drizzled with this peppered rosemary honey. Enjoy!