Penne Alla Norma
WEEKLY SPECIALS 2/2/2015
Courtesy of www.montebene.com
1 – 24 oz. jar of Monte Bene™ Tomato Basil pasta sauce
1 lb penne pasta
4 medium Italian eggplants
1 cup- fresh, cubed mozzarella
½ cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
½ cup vegetable oil
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 tsp salt
- Cut eggplant into 1/8″ lengthwise slices.
- With a 10″ deep saute pan on medium heat, saute all eggplants until wilted.
- Drain any leftover oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Add Monte Bene Tomato Basil pasta sauce to the eggplant.
- On medium heat, bring to the sauce to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Take 1/2 cup of sauce and mix it with the cooked pasta so the pasta does not stick.
- Add the mozzarella and continue to simmer on medium heat for an additional 1 minute.
- Plate the pasta and top evenly with the sauce, eggplant, and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle evenly with Pecorino Romano cheese and basil.