- 4 1-1/2-inch thick salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 lbs)
- 2 TBSP olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Morton®Coarse Kosher Salt, divided
- 3 TBSP snipped fresh dill, divided Morton® Coarse Kosher Salt and water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 TBSP white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Brush salmon with 1 TBSP oil & lemon juice. Season each fillet with 1/4 tsp Morton® Kosher Salt and 1 tsp fresh dill.
Evenly sprinkle Morton®Kosher Salt on water-moistened shallow baking pan. Place fillets on wet salt.
Discard salt bed. In small skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sauté onion until translucent. Stir in wine and deglaze pan. Add cream, remaining teaspoon Morton®Kosher Salt and remaining 5 teaspoons dill; simmer to reduce slightly.
Bake at 450° F until fish is opaque & flakes easily, about 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Do not turn. Remove fish to serving platter; keep warm.
***For a 9-1/2×10-3/4×1-inch baking pan, pour 1/3 cup water into pan; sprinkle 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups Morton® Kosher Salt over water.