*WINNER BEST TASTING COOKIE*
Submitted by Tiffany & Brynna
Great Cape Cookie Bake-Off @ Ring Bros. Marketplace
1 cup butter, unsalted
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 TBSP vanilla extract
1/2 cup caramel sauce
4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 TBSP sea salt for sprinkling
1. In a large bowl cream together butter & sugars with a stand or hand mixer until combined & fluffy (about two minutes). Then add in vanilla extract & eggs, beating until combined. Pour in caramel & beat until incorporated, Occasionally scrapping down the sides of the bowl.
2. Slowly add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat slowly until combined.
3. Stir in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon. Place dough in the refrigerator for an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
6. Scoop dough onto prepared cooking sheets using a TBSP-sized cookie scoop. Place dough balls approximately 2-inches apart; flatten slightly.
7. Bake for 11-12 minutes, until edges are slightly golden brown (centers will be soft). Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat until all the dough has been turned into delicious cookies!