Stuffing in the shape of a muffin with lots of extra crispy parts.
1 c. medium chopped celery
1 c. medium chopped onion
1 c. medium chopped mushrooms
1 lb. lean breakfast sausage, cooked and defatted
4 Tbsp or ½ stick of butter
2 c. chicken broth
1 bag/ 5 cups Olivia’s Traditional or Cornbread Stuffing
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 eggs well beaten
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized skillet, cook breakfast sausage. Break into small pieces as it is cooking. When cooked through remove to a plate and drain fat.
- While sausage is cooking chop celery, onion and mushroom.
- In a large sized skillet melt butter. Add celery, onion and mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add cooked sausage. Add chicken broth and warm. Remove skillet from heat and add Olivia’s stuffing mix. Let stand 10-15 minutes to allow broth to soften stuffing cubes.
- While stuffing is resting, grease 12 piece muffin tin.
- When stuffing mixture has softened, taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Add beaten eggs and stir gently. Spoon stuffing mixture into muffin tins, packing gently and mounding over the top.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove muffins from tins and serve.