Courtesy of www.meredithdairy.com
1-2 TBSP OLIVE OIL
1 ONION, SLICED
2 CHORIZO, SKIN REMOVED AND CHOPPED (OPTIONAL)
2 RED CAPSICUMS, SEEDED, AND CUT INTO 1CM PIECES
2 CLOVES GARLIC, SLICED
2 TINS CHOPPED TOMATOES
1 CAN KIDNEY BEANS, DRAINED
1/2 CUP WATER
1/2TSP SMOKED PAPRIKA
2TBSP BROWN SUGAR
1/2 BUNCH FRESH OREGANO LEAVES, CHOPPED
1 BUNCH ENGLISH SPINACH
4 FREE RANGE EGGS
1 JAR MEREDITH DAIRY MARINATED GOAT CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large ovenproof skillet add olive oil and over a medium heat gently cook the onion until soft. Add the garlic and capsicum (if using chorizo, add now), and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add smoked paprika, brown sugar, half the fresh oregano, tomatoes, water, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the English spinach and kidney beans and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Make 4 little wells in the sauce, and crack the eggs into each well.
- Scatter the marinated goat cheese over the top and place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the egg whites have set.