SHREDDED BRUSSELS SPROUTS & CHUNK APPLE SAUTÉ WITH PORK TENDERLOIN
Courtesy of www.usapple.org
1lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed (or 12oz package fresh shredded Brussels sprouts)
2 red apples
1 medium onion
Pork tenderloin (about 1lb), sliced 1” thick
1/8 tsp black pepper
½ tsp salt, divided
2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
¼ cup raisins
2 tsp honey
- Shred or slice Brussels sprouts thinly. Coarsely chop onion. Cut apples into chunks.
- Season pork with pepper and ¼ tsp salt.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large sauté pan. Add Brussels sprouts and onion; cook about 5 minutes. Add apples and raisins; cover with lid and cook another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove veggie & apple mixture and place in mixing bowl. Add salt, vinegar & honey, stir gently.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add pork, sauté turning occasionally with tongs until nearly done.
- Return mixture to pan with pork. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes.