- 1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 4 large onions (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 quart The Farmer’s Cow Milk
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds raw, shelled and deveined shrimp
- 3 Tbsp. snipped parsley
- Melt butter in large saucepan (Dutch oven).
- Saute onions until tender. Add water, potatoes, salt & pepper. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Do not drain.
- Heat milk with grated cheese until milk is hot and cheese is melted. DO NOT BOIL.
- Add shrimp to potatoes, cook until they turn pink (about 3 minutes.)
- Add milk & cheese. Heat, but do not boil – add snipped parsley.
Courtesy of The Farmer’s Cow