Fresh Newsleter, January 2019
½ cup Florida Orange Juice
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
Salt for seasoning
Pepper for seasoning
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup honey
⅓ cup soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
3 tbsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. white pepper
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
Green onions, sliced for garnish
Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl, add minced garlic, Florida Orange Juice, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch, ginger, white pepper, and red pepper flakes. Whisk together until combined.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add chicken.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper and sauté for about 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned.
- Pour in the orange chicken sauce into the sauté pan, and stir to combine. Bring sauce to a boil and continue boiling until thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with rice.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.