Steamed Orange Halibut
3 cups Florida Orange Juice
⅓ cup lime juice
1 tbsp. ground ginger
4 pieces (4-oz. each) boned, skinned halibut filet
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
Asian chili oil (optional)
Thin shreds lime peel
- In the bottom of an 11 to 12-inch-wide steamer, combine the Florida Orange Juice, lime juice and ground ginger.
- Cover the pot and bring the juice mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Rinse the fish and set the pieces slightly apart on the rack over boiling juice. Cover the pan and reduce to medium heat.
- Steam until the fish is barely opaque but still moist-looking in the center of the thickest part (cut to test), 8 to 10 minutes.
- Lift out the rack.
- With a wide spatula, lift the fish from the rack and set on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Increase heat to high and boil the pan juices, uncovered, until reduced to about 1 ½ cups, 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with three tablespoons of water.
- Add the mixture, along with the fresh ginger, to the reduced pan juices. Stir until boiling.
- Place the fish on the serving platter and pour the sauce over-top the fish. Garnish each portion with a few drops of chili oil and shreds of lime peel.