Courtesy of WWW.DRISCOLLS.COM
Makes 2 dozen cookies
2 Cups all-purpose flour
2 Teaspoons baking powder
1/2 Tsp. salt
1/2 Cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 Cup sugar
1 Tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 Cup heavy cream
1 Cup Driscoll’s Strawberries, diced
3 Tablespoons coarse sanding sugar
1 large egg
- LINE two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- WHISK flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. SET ASIDE.
- BEAT butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- REDUCE SPEED of electric mixer to medium and ADD egg. Then ADD vanilla extract. BEAT butter mixture until ingredients are incorporated. BEAT IN heavy cream.
- REDUCE SPEED of electric mixer to low. BEAT flour mixture into butter mixture just until combined. FOLD strawberries into the dough.
- PLACE sanding sugar in a small bowl. SCOOP OUT a heaping tablespoon of dough. ROLL dough into a ball. DIP dough ball halfway into sanding sugar. PLACE biscuit onto a baking sheet with the sugared side up. REPEAT with remaining dough.
- BAKE biscuits 8 to 9 minutes. ROTATE cookie sheets between oven racks. CONTINUE BAKING another 8 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown on bottoms.
- COOL biscuits on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- TRANSFER biscuits to a wire rack. COOL completely.