1 1/4 cups strawberry preserves
1/3 cup plus 4 TBSP orange liqueur
1/3 cup orange juice
1lb mascarpone cheese, room
1 1/3 cups chilled whipping cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
52 (about) crisp ladyfingers
1 1/2 pounds strawberries, divided
- Whisk preserves, 1/3 cup orange liqueur, and orange juice in 2-cup measuring cup. Place mascarpone cheese and 2 tablespoons orange liqueur in a large bowl; fold just to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream, sugar, vanilla, and remaining 2 tablespoons orange liqueur in another large bowl to soft peaks. Stir 1/4 of whipped cream mixture into mascarpone mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Hull and slice half of strawberries. Spread 1/2 cup preserve mixture over bottom of a 3-quart oblong serving dish or a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Arrange enough ladyfingers over strawberry mixture to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon 3/4 cup preserve mixture over ladyfingers, then spread 2 1/2 cups mascarpone mixture over.
- Arrange 2 cups sliced strawberries over the mascarpone mixture. Repeat layering with remaining ladyfingers, preserve mixture, and mascarpone mixture. Cover with plastic and chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Slice remaining strawberries. Arrange over tiramisu and serve. WWW.ONTARIOBERRIES.COM