SWEET POTATO, SPINACH, & SAUSAGE LASAGNA
This pasta bake delivers a major flavor explosion. Featuring sautéed sweet potatoes, savory Italian sausage, fresh spinach, an array of Italian cheeses, and creamy Alfredo sauce!
1 shallot, diced
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
2 pounds sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
1 (10-ounce) bag spinach
1 (16-ounce) container whole-milk ricotta cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
29 oz. jarred Alfredo Sauce
1 (9-ounce) box DeLallo No-Boil Lasagna (15 sheets)
6 slices provolone cheese
1/2 pound loose Italian sausage, cooked
1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté shallots in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes per side.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, Parmesan, and parsley.
- Mix in eggs.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread 1/2 jar of Alfredo over the bottom of 13″ x 9″ baking dish.
- Place 5 lasagna sheets over sauce, overlapping to fit.
- Spread half of the ricotta mixture evenly over the sheets.
- Layer with provolone slices, sweet potatoes, and spinach.
- Evenly sprinkle half of the crumbled sausage, then 1/2 of shredded cheese.
- Spoon another 1/2 jar of Alfredo over cheese, using a spatula to cover.
- Repeat layering.
- Top with the remaining 5 lasagna sheets and a handful of grated Parmesan.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Let lasagna stand for 10 minutes before serving.