1 pound grass-fed ground beef. For best flavor results use 80-20.
1/2 cup chopped vidalia onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup + 1 TBS True Made Foods Ketchup
1/2 cup tuscan kale, pureed in a cuisinart or blender
¼ cup crushed tomatoes
¼ cup water
¼ tsp salt
2 xTBS olive or avocado oil
4 kaiser rolls
Natural dill pickle slices and romaine lettuce leaves for toppings
- Heat a medium high-walled pan over medium-high heat, coat with oil and then add the salt.
- Once the oil starts to waft slightly, add the onions and sauté until they start to become translucent
- Add the garlic, kale and tomatoes, stir regularly, until everything has blended thoroughly
- Lower the heat and keep on a simmer, add water as needed
- Heat a second medium skillet, coat with oil and salt and add the meat, stirring consistently and breaking up the meat
- Only sear the meat, cook until there is a just a little bit of pink left,
- Add the ketchup to the meat and mix thoroughly
- Mix the contents of both pans together, mix thoroughly, then cover and simmer for another 20-30 min
- Make sure meat is cooked all the way through before removing
- Serve on rolls and add the lettuce and pickle slices for garnish.