Shrimp Cauliflower Fried Rice
3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
10 oz medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
5 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sliced green onions, divided
16 ounces fresh or frozen riced cauliflower
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Return pan to medium-high. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Add eggs; cook 2 minutes or until almost set, stirring once. Fold cooked eggs in half; remove from pan. Cool, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in pan over medium-high. Add 3/4 cup green onions and cauliflower; cook 5 minutes, without stirring, or until browned. Stir in shrimp, eggs, pepper, and salt. Top with remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
Print this recipe.
CHOCOLATE CHIP ESPRESSO COOKIES
Courtesy of www.lakechamplainchocolates.com
The espresso in this Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookie recipe makes the cookies taste more chocolatey and the chocolate chips burst with even more flavor in each bite. If you don’t want to bake all of the cookies at once, freeze individual scoops and thaw and bake fresh cookies whenever you want.
2 cups flour
3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon finely ground espresso or coffee
2 1⁄2 sticks butter
1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
1⁄2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
3 bars chopped (an organic dark bar would work well here)
1. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and espresso. 2. Cream the butter and sugars in a mixing bowl until smooth, light in color, and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, vanilla, and salt. Mix until just combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients in two additions, stirring until just combined.
5. Add chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed.
6. Scoop dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, slightly flattening cookies.
7. If baking right away, refrigerate dough for 30 minutes at least…at this point, cookies can be wrapped and frozen until needed. Bring dough to room temperature before baking.
8. Preheat oven to 325F. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cookies will puff and still look wet in the center.
9. Allow cookies to cool on sheet 5 minutes before moving.
Print this recipe.