Courtesy of usa.fage.eu
4 large or 6 small red beets
2 tbsp butter
½ tsp salt Small shallot, minced
3 cups vegetable broth
2 tsp fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
¼ cup FAGE Total Classic, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%, plus a dollop for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each beet in tinfoil and roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Set aside and allow to cool. Once cooled at room temperature, peel and cut into large chunks.
- In a medium to large sauce pot over medium heat, sauté the shallots, butter and salt until translucent. Cook for approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, thyme, bay leaf, pepper and beets to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until beets are tender enough to purée. Remove pot from stove to cool.
- Purée soup in batches in a blender or use an immersion blender. Return puréed soup to pot, do not place on heat.
- Stir in FAGE Total. To serve, garnish with a dollop of FAGE Total.
WEEKLY SPECIALS 12/29/2014
Courtesy of www.pillsbury.com
1 Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust (from box), softened as directed on box
1 ¼ cups milk
2oz grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- With sharp knife or mandolin, slice zucchini & onions; place on large bowl. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon salt over vegetables. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Unroll pie crust in bottom of 11-inch quiche dish; press in bottom and up side of dish. Set aside.
- Remove vegetables from refrigerator; squeeze out excess liquid. (Squeeze with hands or press with back of spoon with vegetables in strainer.) Arrange vegetable slices in quiche dish.
- In separate medium bowl, lightly beat eggs, milk, cheese and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over zucchini slices.
- Bake 45 minutes or until top is light golden brown. Cool slightly before serving. Store in refrigerator.
Courtesy of www.kraftrecipes.com
1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-oz. pkg.)
1 Tbsp. oil
2 onions, thinly sliced, separated into rings
¾ lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed, blanched & cut into 1-inch lengths
4oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
½ cup sour cream
½ tsp. lemon zest
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
HEAT oven to 400ºF.
LINE 9-1/2-inch tart pan with removeable bottom with crust; trim edge. Prick bottom with fork. Bake 10 to 12 min. or until lightly browned. Cool.
MEANWHILE, heat oil in nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook 10 min. or until caramelized, stirring occasionally. Spoon into crust; top with asparagus.
BEAT next 4 ingredients with whisk until well blended. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan; mix well. Pour over asparagus; top with remaining Parmesan.
BAKE 20 to 24 min. or until filling is slightly puffed and set in center.
WEEKLY SPECIALS 12/15/2014
Courtesy Of www.VermontCreamery.com
1 cup light brown sugar
1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
2 cups AP flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 and 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
8 ounces mascarpone
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
8 ounces heavy cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in bowl and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Add egg and vanilla.
5. Alternate adding dries with buttermilk starting and ending with dries. Don’t over mix the batter.
6. Scoop batter onto parchment lined sheet pan using a 1 ounce cookie scoop.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
8. Whip heavy cream with powdered sugar till stiff.
9. In separate bowl stir vanilla bean paste into mascarpone.
10. Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture to combine.
11. Fill cooled cakes with filling – a piping bag with tip #824 works great.
WEEKLY SPECIALS 11/30/2014
Courtesy of www.hamptoncreek.com
12 large mushrooms
3 cups stuffing
½ cup green beans (chopped)
¼ cup onion (chopped)
1 tsp garlic (finely minced)
1 tsp parsley (chopped)
1 cup Just Mayo™
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375˚F Lightly grease a sheet tray. Remove stems from mushrooms and hollow out using a damp paper towel. Pat dry and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix vegetables, stuffing, and Just Mayo™. Then add in spices and seasoning.
- Scoop mixture into hollowed out mushrooms, ensuring they are rounded out over the tops.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the mushroom stuffing to create a crispy texture.
- Bake mushrooms for 10-12 minutes, until tops are golden brown.