- Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add onions & cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Mix in chicken, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper & cayenne. Cook, stirring often until the chicken is browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add beans, chiles & broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low & simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat & puree about 1/3 of soup with Chobani in a blender. Stir blended soup back into pot and serve.
Courtesy of www.collegeinn.com
1 lb. lean ground beef (93% lean)
1/2 medium onion, sliced into thin strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp. dried basil or 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano or 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
4 cups College Inn® Beef Broth
2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained
12 oz. dry thin spaghetti, broken in half
1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini, about 2 small
Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
sliced fresh basil, optional
- Combine beef, onion, garlic and herbs in a large deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until beef is browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in pasta and return to a boil; reduce heat to medium-high. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring frequently to keep pasta from sticking together. (Pasta may need to cook 1 to 2 minutes longer than package directions). Add zucchini during last 2 minutes of pasta cook time.
- Serve topped with Parmesan and basil, if desired.
WEEKLY SPECIALS 9/27/2015
Courtesy of www.almondbreeze.com
12 oz fettuccini
2 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb mixed mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Original
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccini according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook shallots and garlic for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, rosemary, salt and pepper; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Transfer half of the mushrooms to blender along with Almond Breeze, lemon juice and lemon zest; purée until smooth.
- Stir mushroom purée into skillet with sliced mushrooms until combined; cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Add pasta and pasta water to skillet; cook for 2 minutes or until pasta is evenly coated and liquid has evaporated slightly. Divide evenly among 4 plates; garnish with parsley
WEEKLY SPECIALS 9/20/2015
Courtesy of www.backyardfarms.com
4 pounds Backyard Farms Beefsteak Tomatoes, cut in half
1 tablespoon safflower oil
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
¼ bunch cilantro, chopped, plus additional ¼ bunch for garnish
4 sprigs thyme leaves, minced
¾ tablespoon whole coriander seeds
1 tablespoon Aleppo pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
4 cups vegetable stock
¾ tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 pieces of pita bread
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper and roast tomatoes cut side up at 350°F for 30-45 minutes; tomatoes should be lightly roasted.
- Add oil to soup pot, turn heat to medium and add onions; cook until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and roasted tomatoes. Cook for 5-10 minutes. Add cilantro, thyme, coriander, Aleppo pepper, sugar and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add vegetable stock and red wine vinegar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ladle soup solids into blender & cover with cooking liquid until just covered. Gradually run blender from low to high for 30 seconds or until soup is smooth. Empty blender into large bowl; repeat with remaining soup contents in pot.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, red wine vinegar and sugar.
- Garnish: Preheat oven to 300°F. Cut pita into ½ inch squares; toss with oil and a pinch of salt; bake for 10-20 minutes or until crispy. Pick cilantro leaves from the stem. Garnish soup with
croutons and cilantro.
WEEKLY SPECIALS 9/13/2015
Courtesy of www.nutiva.com
2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Refined Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Ginger (grated)
2 tbsp Mirin
1 tbsp Tamari
1 cup Cashews
1 cup Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
6 cups Bok Choy (sliced)
1 cup Scallions (sliced)
- Warm a wok over medium-high heat. Add the oil, ginger, mirin, tamari and cashews. Stir-fry 2 minutes to flavor the cashews with the ginger.
- Add and stir-fry the red bell pepper and bok choy for 3 minutes, or until the red pepper turns bright red and bok choy wilts slightly.
- Taste and add more tamari for a saltier flavor, if desired.