- 2 lemons
- 2 cups Heinz® Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp. ground chipotle chili pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 3 lb. baby back ribs
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 3 cups ginger ale
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Juice one lemon and slice the other.
- Combine lemon juice, Ketchup, molasses, chipotle pepper, cumin, and oregano.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture and brush ribs all over. Place in a roasting pan.
- Scatter lemon slices over ribs. Sprinkle with onion and garlic. Add ginger ale and cover tightly.
- Place in oven and cook for 1-1/2 hours or until very tender.
- Cool ribs in liquid, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and grease lightly.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid (discard liquid, lemons & onion).
- Place ribs on grill. Cook, turning and basting often with remaining sauce, 8 to 10 minutes or until well glazed.
WEEKLY SPECIALS 8/24/2015
Courtesy of www.bmbeans.com
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (divided)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 4 oz. smoked sausage or kielbasa (sliced)
- 4 oz. ham steak (cut into chunks
- 1 cup converted white rice (uncooked)
- 1 14.5 oz. can dice tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4-1/2 28oz. can B&M Original Baked Beans
- 4 tsp. hot sauce
In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil, cook chicken chunks 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and tender. With slotted spoon, remove chicken to plate; set aside. Add remaining tablespoon oil to pan. Over medium-high heat, cook onion, pepper, celery and garlic 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Push vegetables to one side of pan. Place kielbasa and ham on other side of pan. Cook separately, stirring frequently, 5 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender and meats are lightly browned. Stir rice into meat and vegetables in skillet; cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes, until coated with oil. Stir in tomatoes with liquid, broth, water, thyme and bay leaf; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in cooked chicken, beans and hot sauce; heat through. Discard bay leaf.
WEEKLY SPECIALS 8/17/2015
Courtesy of www.peanutbutter.com
1 pound beef top round steak, 1 inch thick
1 1/4 cups Italian salad dressing, divided
1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled gingerroot
1/2 cup SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter
1/4 teaspoon hot or mild curry powder
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
Prepare grill. Cut steak into 1/8-inch strips. To make marinade, in small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup dressing, the brown sugar, 1 tablespoon cilantro and the gingerroot.
In large, shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup marinade and the steak; turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag; marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, 2 hours. Refrigerate remaining marinade. Meanwhile, in small bowl, blend together peanut butter, 1/2 cup dressing, the curry powder and cayenne.
Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Thread steak on skewers. Grill steak, turning once and brushing frequently with refrigerated marinade, 2 minutes or until steak is desired doneness. Serve with peanut sauce.
Courtesy of www.briannassaladdressing.com
WEEKLY SPECIALS 8/10/2015
2 chicken breasts
12 oz. BRIANNAS Blush Wine Vinaigrette
1 tbsp. fresh rosemary
1 tbsp. fresh oregano
2 medium zucchini squash, sliced
1 tbsp. olive oil
12 oz. sour cream
2 oz. red or white wine
- Marinate chicken breasts in BRIANNAS Blush Wine Vinaigrette, fresh rosemary & oregano in refrigerator overnight.
- Grill chicken breasts and set aside.
- Sauté fresh, sliced zucchini squash in olive oil.
- Add chicken breasts, sour cream and red or white wine.
- Simmer for approximately 5–10 minutes on low heat. ENJOY!
Courtesy of www.filippoberio.com
WEEKLY SPECIALS 8/3/2015
- 4 chicken breasts (with skin and bone)
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Olive Oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper on both sides. In a heavy cast-iron pan, heat the olive oil on medium. Add the chicken. Brown it well on both sides.
- Add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute. Remove the chicken from the pan, but keep the pieces warm.
- Add the white wine & tomatoes to the pan. Mix well. Add heavy cream. Bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add the chicken back to the sauce. Cover the pan. Cook on low heat. Simmer until the chicken is cooked.
- Add half the basil & all the oregano to the pan. Mix well. Quickly bring the sauce to a boil to thicken.
- Remove the chicken. Place the pieces on plates. Remove the sauce from the heat, add the remaining basil to the pan and then toss. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Spoon the sauce over the chicken.