WEEKLY SPECIALS 5/10/2015
Courtesy of www.coastalgoods.com
¾ pound small red bliss potatoes (about the size of a golf ball), halved
2 tablespoons Tuscan or Mediterranean blend of Sarah’s Sea Salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 whole roasting chicken (about 4 pounds), preferably free-range &/or organic
2 medium onions, peeled and sliced into 1/3-inch-thick rings
5 to 6 small sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Place the potatoes in a small pot and cover them with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and parboil until halfway cooked, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together the Sarah’s Sea Salt, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Smear 2/3 of the mixture evenly all over the chicken, both inside and outside. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and then place the chicken in the skillet and sear it, as best you can, on all sides to brown the skin. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Scatter the onion rings over the bottom of the pan and then perch the chicken, breast-side facing up, on top of the onions. Place the potatoes around the chicken and drizzle them with the rest of seasoned olive oil mixture. Tuck the rosemary sprigs here and there between the potatoes.
- Place the skillet in the hot oven & roast the chicken until it is beautifully crisped & golden & the potatoes are tender, 25 to 35 minutes. The chicken is done when the breast registers between 160 & 165 F on an instant-read meat thermometer & the thigh 180 to 185 F. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving & serving with the pan-roasted onions and potatoes.
WEEKLY SPECIALS 5/3/2015
Courtesy of www.partnerscrackers.com
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a blender or food processor, place artichoke hearts, Romano cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Pulse until chopped, but not ground. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together spinach, heavy cream, sour cream and mozzarella cheese. Stir in artichoke mixture. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly
WEEKLY SPECIALS 4/26/15
Courtesy of Www.RHYTHMSUPERFOODS.com
1 cup canned artichokes, chopped
1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
8 ounces ricotta cheese
4 ounces Parmesan
4 eggs beaten Oil to grease the cake pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a cake pan lightly with olive oil. In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cheeses. Roughly chop the veggies and add to the cheese/egg mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour contents of bowl into the greased cake pan and cook until custard is set, about 40-50 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes and serve.
WEEKLY SPECIALS 4/19/15
Courtesy of www.bumblebee.com
2 cans or pouches (5 oz) Bumble Bee® Tuna, drained and flaked
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
½ cup low-fat milk
1 cup grated zucchini or yellow squash
2 tablespoons minced green onion
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried crushed thyme
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup buttermilk or low-fat milk
1 large raw egg
1 ½ cups crushed cornflakes
1/3 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
DILL SAUCE: 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/3 cup finely minced cucumber
½ teaspoon dill weed
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium saucepan, melt butter, stir in flour. Add milk stirring continuously until mixture thickens and boils. Cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in tuna, zucchini, onion, lemon juice, thyme and pepper until well combined. Cover and chill mixture for 30 minutes. Shape chilled mixture into eight 2-inch balls. In a shallow dish, stir together buttermilk and egg. In another shallow dish, combine cornflakes and cheese. Roll balls first in egg mixture, then in cornflake mixture. Repeat procedure to coat well. Spray to prepare a baking sheet to arrange croquettes to bake approximately 30 minutes or until heated through and golden brown. Prepare dill sauce in a small bowl; stir together yogurt, cucumber and dill. Serve croquettes with sauce. Makes 8.