Courtesy of www.cabotcheese.coop
- 2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Cabot Sharp or Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 2-quart casserole dish. (Alternatively, bake pudding in individual ramekins.)
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to casserole to cool slightly.
- In blender, combine corn and 1/4 cup of half-and-half. Process into thick puree, scraping down sides of container. Add remaining half-and-half, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Process until well combined.
- Stir cheese into pepper mixture in baking dish. Pour half-and-half mixture over top.
- Bake until pudding is set all the way to center (check with paring knife), 50 to 60 minutes. (If top of pudding is getting too brown, cover loosely with piece of foil). Serve immediately.