HONEY GOLD CHICKEN SKEWERS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Portion the chicken into proper sizes for the skewers.
- Season with Lillie’s Q Q-Rub and then add to skewer, leaving the skin on top exposed.
- Roast in the oven or grill until 145 degrees; there should be very little color on the meat.
- Glaze the chicken skewers with Lillie’s Q Honey Gold and place back in the oven or on the grill.
- Remove from the oven or grill when the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Let rest for five minutes and enjoy!
40 oz cream cheese
5 cups cooked chicken (fine chop)
13oz sour cream
4.5oz blue cheese
2 cups lillie’s q Buffalo sauce
8.5oz monterey jack cheese (grated)
8.5oz heavy cream
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons lillie’s q Q-Rub
5oz bag potato chips
chopped chives, as needed
- Let cream cheese come to room temp to soften
- Mix all ingredients together (except the chips) thoroughly in a mixing bowl
- Place in a serving dish and refrigerate for 1 hour. *If making the day before, pull out dip a couple of hours before serving so it isn’t stiff
- Top with chopped chives
- Serve with your chips of choice
1 pound boneless chicken breasts
3-4 Tablespoons oil, divided
Salt and pepper
1 cup red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
1 cup yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
1 medium zucchini (about 1/2 cup), diced
1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Chili Starter
Sour cream, guacamole, & tortilla chips for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan. Drizzle 1-2 Tablespoons oil over chicken and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the juices run clear or the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from oven and cool. Shred meat into small bite size pieces with a fork or knife.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons oil in a 2-quart sauce pan over medium heat. Add bell peppers and zucchini. Sauté, stirring frequently, until tender but still slightly crisp.
- Add chicken and Chili Starter. Heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot with garnish.
Vegetarian Butternut Squash Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 lbs butternut squash, peeled & cut into 1-inch cubes
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled & cut into 1-inch cubes
4 cups vegetable stock
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup Vermont Creamery Crème Fraiche
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy bottom pot (we used a 5.5 quart Dutch Oven) over medium heat. Add in the onion, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, until all vegetables are softened, 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the squash, apple, vegetable stock, salt and pepper. Put the lid on, bring to a boil, turn down the heat to medium, and cook until a knife inserted into a squash comes in and out easily.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender. Alternatively, you can blend the soup in a blender.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top it off with a dollop of crème fraiche and garnish it with parsley.
Potato, Artichoke, & Goat Cheese Tart
1 sheet of puff pastry
2 eggs lightly beaten
4 cubes of Meredith Dairy Marinated Goat Cheese
2 tbsp of cream
2 tbsp of chopped chives
5 potatoes, washed
4 cloves of garlic
6 pieces of quartered marinated artichoke hearts
3 sprigs of thyme
2 tbsp. of chopped parsley
pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven into 350 degrees F. & grease a rectangular tart tray.
- Cut garlic and potatoes into thin slices.
- On a frying pan on medium heat, add 2 tbsp. of oil from the Marinated Goat Cheese jar, and add garlic and potatoes and leaves of thyme.
- Fry for two minutes, then add artichokes and fry for 5 more minutes or until the potatoes get a bit of color.
- In a bowl, smash the goat cheese cubes with a fork, and add eggs, cream and chives. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Line the tart tray with puff pastry, and poke some holes into it with a fork.
- Spread the egg and cheese mixture onto the bottom of the tray, and place the potatoes and artichokes on top. Top with chopped parsley.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the sides of the pastry are light brown.