1 1/4 cups strawberry preserves
1/3 cup plus 4 TBSP orange liqueur
1/3 cup orange juice
1lb mascarpone cheese, room
1 1/3 cups chilled whipping cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
52 (about) crisp ladyfingers
1 1/2 pounds strawberries, divided
- Whisk preserves, 1/3 cup orange liqueur, and orange juice in 2-cup measuring cup. Place mascarpone cheese and 2 tablespoons orange liqueur in a large bowl; fold just to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream, sugar, vanilla, and remaining 2 tablespoons orange liqueur in another large bowl to soft peaks. Stir 1/4 of whipped cream mixture into mascarpone mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Hull and slice half of strawberries. Spread 1/2 cup preserve mixture over bottom of a 3-quart oblong serving dish or a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Arrange enough ladyfingers over strawberry mixture to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon 3/4 cup preserve mixture over ladyfingers, then spread 2 1/2 cups mascarpone mixture over.
- Arrange 2 cups sliced strawberries over the mascarpone mixture. Repeat layering with remaining ladyfingers, preserve mixture, and mascarpone mixture. Cover with plastic and chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Slice remaining strawberries. Arrange over tiramisu and serve. WWW.ONTARIOBERRIES.COM
Carnitas are made by braising or simmering pork in oil until tender. Serve on top of a tortilla with cilantro, onion, salsa, guacamole & refried beans.
1 pkg Riega Carnitas Seasoning
4-5 lbs pork shoulder
1 medium onion (diced)
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup orange juice
- Coat pork shoulder with Riega seasoning. Place in slow-cooker, fat side up.
- Add onion, garlic, and orange juice.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, until pork shreds easily.
- Shred with a fork & enjoy on a tortilla with your choice of fixin’s.
Chicken Tinga is a Mexican dish of shredded chicken in a sauce of tomatoes, chipotle chilis in adobo, and onions, typically served on top of a tostada. Try Riega’s easy recipe for an authentic dish.
1 pkg Riega Chicken Tinga Seasoning
2 lbs. boneless chicken
1/2 medium onion (thinly sliced)
1 (15 oz) can of fire-roasted tomatoes
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add onion, tomatoes, and Riega seasoning.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred with a fork and serve on tortillas and top with onion, cilantro & lime. Enjoy!
2 logs (8 oz) Mt Vikos Goat Cheese
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup grated Parmesan
1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
¾ tsp. black pepper, divided
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved lengthwise
1 tpsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp. sea salt
4 basil leaves, cut into thin ribbons
1 baguette, cut into thin slices
2 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil baking dish.
- In a medium bowl combine goat cheese, cream cheese, Parmesan, egg, thyme, ½ teaspoon pepper, and lemon zest. Beat until very smooth, spread in a baking dish, and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl stir together tomatoes, olives, oil, salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- When the dip is finished baking, top with tomato mixture and basil.
1 lb. lump canned crab meat
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup Miller’s Banana Pepper Mustard
1/2 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave on medium heat for 45-60 seconds.
- Drain crab meat. Then in a medium bowl, mix all ingredients with a hand blender to a smooth consistency.
- Chill for at least 3 hours.
- Drizzle with Miller’s Banana Pepper Mustard before serving for additional flavor and appearance.