- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup torn mixed fresh herbs
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 to 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, cut in half
- 2 10-ounce packages Boboli type pizza crust
- ½ cup prepared herb pesto
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 ½ cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 Backyard Farms Beefsteak Tomatoes, cut into 12 slices
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- In food processor, place all pesto ingredients. Cover and process until desired consistency; set aside.
- Place 2 pizza crusts on each cookie sheet. Layer the following on each of the 4 pizza crusts: 2 tablespoons herb pesto, 2 slices bacon, crumbled, about 1/3 cup shredded cheese, 3 slices beefsteak tomatoes.
- Carefully crack an egg in center of each pizza, between the
FOR THE SALAD
4 oz Little Leaf Farms Baby Crispy Green Leaf Lettuce
1 small green pear, cut into matchsticks
4 oz fresh blackberries
½ small red onion, halved and sliced thin
½ cup cooked beets, diced
¼ cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lime
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1. In a bowl, whisk the ingredients together until smooth and silky. Season well with salt and pepper! Any leftover vinaigrette can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.
2. On the stove top, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
3. Once hot, add the walnuts. Toast for about 5 minutes, shaking the pan frequently to get an even toast. Be careful not to burn them, this process happens quickly!
4. Slide the toasted walnuts onto a plate to cool while you whip up the rest of the salad ingredients.
5. Divide the greens onto two plates. Top with pear, blackberries, red onion, beets and goat cheese. Sprinkle the toasted walnuts on top, and serve with Vinaigrette.
With or without sausages, this is a deliciously hearty, spicy breakfast or brunch treat perfect for the outdoors!
12 large eggs
15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
chopped cilantro (optional)
3 TBSP unsalted butter
6 Italian sausages (optional)
Blake Hill’s Jalapeno & Lime Spicy Chili Jam
- Prepare the grill so you have a high heat section and an indirect medium heat section.
- Oil grill and cook sausages over indirect medium heat until they are cooked thoroughly, then brown their exterior over high heat. Remove from heat, slice and reserve.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk with cherry tomatoes, cilantro and 1 Tbsp. Blake Hill’s Jalapeno & Lime Chili Jam.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and add sliced sausages, scrambled eggs mixture, season with salt and black pepper, and stir occasionally.
- When eggs are close to being fully cooked, add cheese and extra 1 Tbsp. Jalapeño & Lime Chili Jam, and stir vigorously.
- Remove from heat, serve and Enjoy!
- Tip: For extra heat, add an additional Tbsp. of Jalapeño & Lime Chili Jam over eggs!
Recipes courtesy of blakehillpreserves.com.
Rice pudding is a very traditional dessert around the world, in many different forms. We love having a new way to enjoy this classic dish – no added sugar, yet still completely delicious.
2 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups cooked brown or white rice
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Blake Hill’s Naked Peach Jam
- Pour milk and cooked rice into saucepan, bring to boil and simmer on medium-low heat.
- Stir in maple syrup, 1 Tbsp. Blake Hill’s Naked Peach Jam, and slowly sprinkle cinnamon (continuously stirring to evenly disperse)
- Simmer for approximately 10 minutes, uncovered, until pudding reduces by half. Taste to see if more jam, maple syrup or cinnamon is needed, adjust and cook more as necessary to ensure it holds the thick consistency
- Serve rice pudding in a bowl, add 1-2 Tbsp. of Naked Peach Jam, swirl around and Enjoy!
2 Large Chicken breasts
5 tbsp grass fed butter
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tspn onion powder
¼ cup parmesan cheese
1 tspn black pepper
2 tbsp Flatiron Pepper – Hatch Valley Green
- Grill both chicken breasts over an open flame until the chicken is 165 degrees at the thickest point. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- To a shallow pan, add butter, olive oil, black pepper, Hatch Valley Green and Minced Garlic, and heat for 2-3 minutes while stirring on medium heat, just enough to release some flavor from the dry ingredients and sweat the garlic. Add in fully cooked pasta and stir to incorporate the oil and butter throughout. Then, add in the onion powder and the Parmesan cheese and stir again.
- Plate pasta, and serve the sliced, grilled chicken on top. Top with a little more Parmesan cheese olive oil, and a few shakes of Flatiron Pepper – Hatch Valley Green to taste.