4 slices bacon
3/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, minced
2 oZ crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
6 cups mixed baby greens
2 tBSP toasted sliced almonds
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate; crumble and set aside.
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, white sugar, salt, garlic, and Gorgonzola cheese in a blender; blend until smooth. Pour the dressing into a small saucepan over medium-low heat and warm gently.
- Toss the baby greens, almonds and crumbled bacon together in a salad bowl; drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately
Courtesy of WWW.DRISCOLLS.COM
Makes 2 dozen cookies
2 Cups all-purpose flour
2 Teaspoons baking powder
1/2 Tsp. salt
1/2 Cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 Cup sugar
1 Tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 Cup heavy cream
1 Cup Driscoll’s Strawberries, diced
3 Tablespoons coarse sanding sugar
1 large egg
- LINE two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- WHISK flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. SET ASIDE.
- BEAT butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- REDUCE SPEED of electric mixer to medium and ADD egg. Then ADD vanilla extract. BEAT butter mixture until ingredients are incorporated. BEAT IN heavy cream.
- REDUCE SPEED of electric mixer to low. BEAT flour mixture into butter mixture just until combined. FOLD strawberries into the dough.
- PLACE sanding sugar in a small bowl. SCOOP OUT a heaping tablespoon of dough. ROLL dough into a ball. DIP dough ball halfway into sanding sugar. PLACE biscuit onto a baking sheet with the sugared side up. REPEAT with remaining dough.
- BAKE biscuits 8 to 9 minutes. ROTATE cookie sheets between oven racks. CONTINUE BAKING another 8 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown on bottoms.
- COOL biscuits on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- TRANSFER biscuits to a wire rack. COOL completely.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup Briannas Dijon Honey Mustard Dressing
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing & drizzling
1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
3 medium tomatoes, halved
1 10-ounce loaf ciabatta bread, halved lengthwise
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/3 cup Briannas Champagne Vinaigrette Dressing
- Thirty minutes ahead of time, place the chicken breast and Briannas Dijon Honey Mustard Dressing in a re-sealable plastic bag. Close bag and knead gently to coat chicken evenly. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Pre-heat a grill to high. When the grill is hot, place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Transfer to a large platter or baking sheet.
- Reduce grill heat to medium-high.
- Brush the grill with olive oil. Put the tomatoes in a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Grill cut-side down until slightly charred, about 2 minutes. Transfer to the platter/baking sheet.
- Place asparagus on a plate. Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and turn spears until they are coated drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt.
- Brush the bread with olive oil.
- Grill the bread and vegetables until charred, about 2 minutes per side for the bread and 5 minutes for asparagus, rotating 1/4 turn each minute. Transfer to the platter/baking sheet and let cool slightly.
- Cut the chicken, asparagus, tomatoes, and bread into bite-size pieces; transfer to a bowl or platter.
- Add the red onions, feta, and Briannas Champagne Vinaigrette Dressing. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
2 slices of St Pierre Brioche Loaf
1.4 fl oz milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Butter or oil for frying
- Pour the milk into a mixing bowl, add the egg and the cinnamon
- Whisk together lightly until fully mixed
- Pour the mixture into a large, shallow dish (bigger than your slices of brioche)
- Melt the butter in a frying pan (or add the oil)
- Dip both sides of brioche into the egg mixture
- Add the brioche to the frying pan, cook both sides until they’re golden brown in color
- Top with fresh berries of your choice, and drizzle with your favorite type of syrup
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 clove garlic
Salt and pepper
Pour olive oil into a small bowl or jar. With a garlic press, press garlic clove into olive oil, including crushed pieces of garlic in the oil as well. Add rice vinegar. Whisk all ingredients together, it will thicken slightly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle over your leafy greens, toss greens and ENJOY!