ZESTY GARLIC SHRIMP PASTA
WEEKLY SPECIALS 3/16/2015
Courtesy of www.classico.com
1 jar (15 oz.) Classico® Creamy Tomato &
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp Tarragon leaves, dried
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black pepper
1/2 lb. Raw shrimp, cleaned
2 tbsp Butter
2 Shallots, finely chopped
1/4 cup Chardonnay wine
1 cup Half and half
1 package (16 oz.) Linguine pasta
- Zest the outer lemon rind and set aside. Squeeze the juice from the lemon into a shallow dish.
- Whisk together the lemon juice & olive oil. Add half the lemon zest, 1 teaspoon of the tarragon, salt & pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the shrimp to the lemon mixture, coating well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cook linguini according to package instructions until al dente.
- In large sauté pan, melt butter & add chopped shallots. Cook over medium heat until shallots are translucent.
- Remove marinated shrimp from refrigerator & transfer to sauté pan with shallots. Increase heat to medium-high & cook until they turn pink, turning half way through (30 seconds per side). Remove from pan & set aside.
- Add chardonnay to pan and cook until reduced by half, stirring with a wooden spoon to release any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add remaining lemon zest and tarragon to pan.
- Add the Classico® Creamy Tomato & Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce and bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally. Once sauce is simmering, stir in half & half and remove from heat.
- Toss cooked linguine with sauce and top with cooked shrimp.